Saturday, May 19, 2012

Waltz of the Hours

So today, with a sprained ankle from almost four weeks ago, I participated in our ballet school's Spring Concert. Three sessions of it today. True, for the first two we were only opening the show for the cutesy little kids and so we only did one piece each, and we only had to take two warm-up classes total, so it wasn't that tiring.

But as always, what can go wrong will go wrong. When we did our modern piece (which apparently has a costume that my mom quite enjoyed, though I think it looked disastrous) from the very beginning luck was not on our side. For the sake of time, I will not even begin to divulge all the details. For our contemporary ballet piece, we exited the stage without waiting for a blackout (not that the audience would have noticed, or cared for that matter). The last piece, our performance of Waltz of the Hours from Coppelia, went smoothly and was rather enjoyable, except for the fact that one dance before ours, the shoulder strap of my costume completely popped off.

And then there was finale. It was at that time that I found out that Austin not only could not differentiate between me and Vanessa, but did not even know my name. He did however, know that one of us was Vanessa. How's that for someone I met before Vanessa did? And he's even called me by name in years past.. What, did he think I disappeared off a cliff or something? Boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment