Monday, March 5, 2012

Hope

Just yesterday night my Wheeler Magnet friend who is on their FRC robotics team informed that their FTC robotics team, which hadn't made it past the Georgia state tournament either this year, had signed up to compete in South Carolina. Of course when I heard this little tidbit I just a bout flipped out. Needless to say, I scrambled up all my contacts and sources, researched the daylight out of this news, and dispatched a few texts to my teammates and emails to those in charge of the competition. It turns out that we are NOT too late to sign up for the competition, we have enough money to attend, some sponsors to take us there, and the determination needed to go. So what's keeping us back? Well, our ever so wise team captain told me that he didn't want to attend if we weren't sure of measuring up to the competition there. After all, we don't want to embark on a four hour drive, spend copious amounts of money, and then utterly fail at the competition. This brought my spirits down a bit as I had previously been so elated by the new opportunities in front of me that I had failed to consider the logistics of it all. But we're all taking some time tonight to think through whether we can rush some changes to our robot within two weeks and crush the upcoming competition. Let's hope we all get a solid yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment