Thursday, May 27, 2010

Seven Days

Title: Seven Days
Author: Tachibana Benio

Summary: Bright and early one Monday morning, Shino Yuzuru asks Seryou Touji out on a lark when they run into each other at the school gate. Seryou, who's immensely popular, has the odd habit of going out with anyone who asks him out first at the beginning of the week, then promptly dumping them at the end of it. "Anyone" apparently includes male upperclassmen like Shino, and as a boyfriend, Seryou is perfect--unfailingly thoughtful and kind. Shino, obviously, has no intention of being in a serious relationship with Seryou. It's not like it's actually love or anything like that. ...Right?

Favorite Character: Unfortunately I seriously COULD NOT decide which boy I liked better in this manga. So, I'll do a little description of both the boys.
First we'll see Shino Yuzuru-
Shino has the good looks and personality to match with, or so most girls in his school thinks. Heck, he is one of the stars in the school’s archery team. However, once the girls began dating Shino, they break off soon enough. After they actually witness Shino’s true self they realize that he’s sloppy and unrefined…in short he’s not the prince that those girls dream of. Girls can be superficial, eh?
Seryou Touji-
Seryou on the other hand, is a different story all together. You see, it is well-known around the school that he is willing to date anyone for a week as long as she (or he) confesses to him on a Monday. Once the seven days are up, he will decide whether to continue dating that person or not depending on whether he feels something towards the other person.

Now, this isn't the type of manga that I usually read, but I found the cover and title very interesting, and once I started reading, well, I just could not stop. I can almost guarantee that anyone who tries this manga will not be disappointed. I had read this manga expecting it to be decent at best, but this was way beyond decent...it was AMAZING!! It has been out for quite a while now, but I really don't understand why it's not famous. However, I strongly encourage those of you out there to help make it more famous, spread the news through all your friends. This book is really just one of the best, there's no other way to put it. Read it and maybe you'll see it my way. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment