Monday, May 10, 2010


I got back from Disney yesterday night at 11:10. It was an eight hour drive there on Thursday night at 10:30 and then another eight hour drive back yesterday. By the way, YESTERDAY I TURNED FOURTEEN!!! =D

Anyways, Disney was wonderful!The first thing we did there at 8 in the morning on Friday was our orchestra workshop, the whole reason we were there in the first place. It was reallyy tiresome, but worth all the fun we had later. Btw, our director's son had the same birthday as me.

Right after our clinic was over, we went straight into seven hours of fun in Epcot. At first, our group was huge. Me, Yvette, Alex, Brian, Steven, Matt An, Chirsty, Mary, David, and Joon were all one group. But Brian, Alex, Matt, and David all wanted to get to Test Track as quickly as possible. Hopefully before the people on the boat got there (since when was this all a race?). So we all took off running in that direction, however, Steven and I were taking pictures along the way and got separated from the runners. Chirsty and Mary were even farther behind us and then went to the bathroom without telling us. What I didn't know was the Matt was also racing in front of everyone else, and that Yvette and David were close behind but couldn't see him. This left Brian, David, Joon, and Alex running in the middle. Somehow, our giant group had separated into a couple of smaller groups that didn't meet the standards (one group consists of four people, Mrs Culley's rules).

Later, Chirsty and Mary caught up with me and Steven and I led them off towards the general goal, Test Track. But Mary and Chirsty didn't want to run so somehow we lost them again, even as I called Yvette and then Brian and all met up again under Test Track. Then we all went and got fast passes and then waited in line. Of course, me and Yvette not being extreme roller coaster people, we started hyperventilating and getting all queasy, especially after seeing the video in the briefing room. Seriously, the video was SCARY. Of course Yvette and I at together, clutched each others hands and began to scream when we sat down. I mean seriously, we had a group of eight, but one car only seats six, so if your group kicked you out and you were on a car of strangers wouldn't you be scared stiff? Maybe not, but let me remind you, we're really not roller coaster people. We were all still on the same entire coaster at the same time, but we weren't on the same car as anyone we knew and that was scary, only seeing the back of their heads for comfort. But then (because it's two rows of three seats) me and Yvette also sat next to this eight year old Spanish boy and he wasn't scared at all. He spoke with a really funny accent and I got Yvette to try and converse with him in Spanish since he really wanted to talk to someone in Spanish (Yvette takes Spanish I take French). He really eased my fear, I mean I can't really be scared when there's this eight year old just sitting next to me laughing right? But Yvette still screamed and while I didn't scream I did have to clutch her hand tightly while on the scary parts.

I don't really remember what happened after this, the day was just too strange. I only know that somehow our group separated again into fours when Brain, Alex, Joon , and Steven left us in front of an ice cream shop when they went to find something to eat. So me, Yvette, Matt, and David walked around and enjoyed the sights, ate lunch in Japan (I had Shrimp Tempura Udon, it was decently good)with Chirsty and Mary until they left us in search of ice cream, then walked through Morocco, the US, and a jumble of other countries and arrived at Norway. Here we got some huge ice cream cones (well, they did, I got a lemon slushie) and dripped ice cream everywhere. We got in line for Maelstorm, called our chaperons to tell them we couldn't meet with them, that we were in line, and then everything went wrong. Yvette and Matt were washing hands with water from a water bottle as I stood in line and David searched for a bathroom he never found. David and Yvette came back to line but Matt was waiting for David who actually was already back. So then me, Yvette, and David went on the ride. But Yvette called Brian to tell him to look out for Matt if he saw him, Brian told his chaperon and me and Yvette were claimed guilty of the whole incident later. The ride turned out to terrible and we stumbled out to find Matt sitting there. Oh well.

Our fast passes were valid by this time, so I called Brian and met up with their group again under Test Track. We went on it again, but it just wasn't scary any more, nor was it any good inn the experienced eyes of the boys, who deemed the wait time too long to go again. So I suggested we try Soarin' which Mrs. Culley had actually recommended to another group, and off we went again. Then after an eighty minute wait we finally got in and it was pretty good, just not enough for such a long wait. Later a lot of other random things happened and somehow me and Yvette left the group and Mrs. Mullis caught us wandering around and then Mrs. Culley sentenced us to an early curfew of 9:05 which left us with no time to eat after we got back to the hotel. Somewhere later in this story we called David and he agreed to buy and deliver food for us but he never made it even after we left a list of items and money outside our door (he gave the money back later). And this was all just day ONE. Gosh that was a lot.

Day Two. We got up at 6:45 and made it to Animal Kingdom at 7:30 ish. Immediately our group raced towards Mount Everest and got fast passes then rode it since the line was short. In total, counting the times we waited, used fast passes, and went single rider, we rode Mount Everest eight entire times. I'll just say it now that I'm really proud that I never even screamed once the entire trip. However, I do feel really bad for Alex since I made him sit with so many times and I grabbed his arm. I hope he doesn't hate me. I mean, I don't think he does but he did seem a little annoyed at the end and sat with Joon, but I'm sorry.

At Animal Kingdom we also rode the river rapids thing once and then we left for Magic Kingdom at 2:00. Sophie's really mad at me now since apparently she had my birthday gift with her but we never got a chance to meet up with her and Georgia's Mathcounts groups. So she was going to give it to me today at school but then I skipped (>.<""). Anyways, at Magi Kingdom we ended up running across the park multiple times between Space Mountain and Splash Mountain (why in the world were they on opposite sides of the park??) and even though it was extremely tiring it was also really fun so that more than evens it. At 8 that night we left early and went back to the hotel to eat and relax. And I guess that concludes day two. Wow that was so short in comparison to day one. I guess I'm just getting too tired to type.

But then lastly there's Day Three. May 9, 2010. That's my birthday.. Now I'm fourteen and really quite proud I conquered a lot of my fears that day. Our little group went on Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios two times and then on the Rocking Roller Coaster five times. Luckily these two rides were literally right next to each other. On the Rocking Roller Coaster I conquered my fears of: heights, the dark, roller coasters in general, extreme high speeds, and being upside down. Quite nice to know I've grown a little. Unfortunately, I never did find a cake that day in Disney, but my friend's birthday wishes made up for that. Ahh fun. My summaries just got shorter and shorter.

Wish we were still there, but nothing lasts forever, can't even believe that I skipped school today (ugh, so many finals that I had to escape from) but I definitely have to go back tomorrow and make up all those tests as well as the ones scheduled for tomorrow. Ugh. I have to go study for those now I guess. Wish me luck! <3

BTW, I need to remind myself to remember what happened on the Tower of Terror. That first ride where I was sitting between Alex and Brian and that thing happened. Probably just me overreacting or something and imagining things, but I really think it happened but I don't know how to ask anyone about what they think of it cause it would definitely be too awkward. But I really need to think this over and see what I think really happened and if it happened the way I think it did or because he just felt bad for me being so scared or something. Cause here's what happened. Mr almost hugged me on the ride. Like, I was hyperventilating and extremely scared and I was like "Ahh, I'm really really scared. Alex, give me your hand?", and then Brian leaned over and looked like he was about to hug me, I mean, his arms were opening and he said "it's okay Sharon, I've got you". But then just as he did that I leaned over Alex and grabbed his hand and so Brian returned to his previous position with a little kinda disappointed sounding "ohh". Anndd, now I think Alex might possibly dislike me now for forcing him to ride on so many roller coasters with me and then grabbing his hand the whole time. Even though he did look pretty happy at the first ride, by the end of the third day he said something like 'what? but I've already gone on like fifty rides with you, I'm gonna go with Joon on this one.", so what am I supposed to think? My friend Kelley said he probably liked it and wouldn't think of disliking me for it or anything, but now I'M CONFUSED. What am I supposed to think of all this? Just someone tell me nothing happened how I think it did though there's so much I proof that everything happened exactly as I saw I mean, I'd be kinda happy if it did since I've liked Brian and Alex in sixth grade, but then everything would be so complicated. I mean, Brian likes Yvette (or so says Yuanhan) and Yvette likes Brian (or so says Yuanhan, but they did both sit together on the rides, Yvette ditched me for him and that's the only reason why I was sitting with Alex to begin with) but they both won't admit it (apparently, this is, again, from Yuanhan, so it wouldn't make any sense for Brian to hug me or anything unless he felt sorry for me or it was an act of chivalry or something. And then Alex, I'd love it if he did like sitting with me, but if that was true at all then it was completely dispelled by day two, I was probably way too clingy and forceful. but I was scared, so there's my excuse. And I would hate for Alex to hate me cause he's a really god friend so if this trip changed our friendship then I'll be really sad. But somehow this little "edit" part of my post has grown really long so I'm gonna leave and go try and figure out the situation again. I'm a failure, but I seriously believe what I saw and really really need a reasonable explanation for all of this. Ugh. I need serious help. -.-"

No comments:

Post a Comment