Friday, March 25, 2011

Starvation

I just found out that my ballet friends all keep themselves on diets. No wonder they're all slightly skinnier than me. I feel kinda good now that I don't diet and can still maintain my body, but a small part of me that wants to become like them has just found new reason for me to diet as well. If they're all doing it, then won't it be okay for me as well? I know, I know, that's exactly the kind of situation that teachers teach us to avoid at school. "Peer pressure is bad" "Just say no" etc... But even though I know I should do as we were taught, when the situation is real instead of on paper, there seems so much more reason to ignore the teachings and jump on the bandwagon. I'm obviously not going to diet, but that small part of me looks on in hunger for the perfect bodies of my classmates. And we all know how great my will power is, so I suppose the conclusion is once again, we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment