Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanks Be Given

What a great way to start out my Thanksgiving break huh. It's only Sunday morning and I can feel the downward slope already. But really, it can't get much worse here now can it?

Well, this morning I got up at the usual unearthly hour of eight and got ready to drive over to my violin teacher's house. With my mom driving, me in the passenger seat, and my brother in the seat behind my mom, we made it all the to Riverside before disaster struck. It had just rained the night before so the roads were wet and we were driving on this downhill road. Only a slight incline, but enough to have an effect what with all the rain. So then we're just driving along discussing what movies are out his week and then suddenly this crazy old man from the opposite direction shifts into our lane. Now mind you, this was only a few meters away and I seriously though we were going into a head-on collision since we were both moving at rather high speeds and while my mother was braking, the ground was too slippery for any real traction. So at the last instant the old guy managed to swerve back into his lane and we took a sharp right. We were too close to fully avoid each other though, so it resulted in slight fender bender as they call it. We lost the covering of our left headlight, the hub for our front left wheel, and received a deep dent in the front of our Toyota Corolla. No one was hurt in what could have easily been a disastrous situation though so I suppose we got off lucky. The other guy though, was driving this huge van and all he got was a nasty scratch in the side of his car.

Then my dad arrived, calmed everyone down, and settled to wait for the police. Long story short, the police couldn't find the little church we were waiting by and took over half an hour to arrive. After several questions, he came to the conclusion that the other party was at fault (duh) and we all went home. Yayy.

So now I'm sitting at home, having missed my violin lesson, and wolfing down mountains of chocolate. I can just tell how much is going to happen this break. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment